Saturday, April 4, 2009

Pho 9N9

Two weeks ago I was extremely homesick and decided that even though I was extremely busy, we'd have to remedy it somehow or I'd never get anything done. So, Nick and I headed over to RTP to have dinner at the best (out of a whopping total of three) Vietnamese restaurant in Durham, Pho 9N9. Apparently the name stems from the fact that the restaurant used to be open from 9am to 9pm.

We ordered goi cuon (spring rolls), bun bo hue (spicy beef noodle soup) for me, pho dac biet for Nick, and some com cha thit nuong to go for lunch tomorrow. It was all decent, and hit the spot, especially the goi cuon. My mom used to make them for me after school sometimes. I am thinking I will try to make them myself when the weather gets warmer and I have some free time.

At the end of the meal the owner's daughter took a liking to me and showed me her teddy bears. She proceeded to diagnose and fix their ailments while I dutifully held the doctor's bag and concurred with her recommendations. Nick was pretty amused by the whole thing.

It was a good way to cure the homesickness. By the way, my lunch the next day was excellent.

1 comment:

Barb Adams said...

Those spring rolls look delightful; we'll join you there next time we're in RDU