Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Back in NC

First day of school with rain: not good. Class at 8:30am and then from 6:00pm to 8:45pm: even worse.

What a nice welcome you have for me, Duke/North Carolina! The only way you can make it up is by having better weather tomorrow and making sure the weekend is awesome.

I just bought tickets to Rent at the Durham Performing Arts Center for our anniversary. We are downscaling from Hawaii last year due to our reduced means, but I think it'll still be awesome. We are planning on having dinner at Piedmont beforehand. The head chef there does his own charcuterie. Did you know he used to be a vegetarian until he worked at the French Laundry under Thomas Keller? Hahaha.

I'm taking it easy during my break today. Plans are for some lunch at our favorite taqueria, La Vaquita, and some market shopping. I'm planning on hitting a new Asian mart in town...new to me anyway.

Here's to 2009!

No comments: