Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The start of a new semester

I've had class for four days now and I think I'm getting back into the swing of things. What's nice about coming back from break is that everyone is happy to see each other again and equally sad about starting classes.

This past weekend was filled with things to do, which was a nice break from home. I like relaxing as much as the next person, but there is something so great about going out with friends and people happy to see you.

Friday night we checked out the new bar in town, called the Pinhook. It's a membership-only club because it doesn't serve any food and it's legally bound to do so. On Friday night they just had us put our names down on a sign-in sheet and voila, we were members. My first impression was that it was a very hipster hang out spot. Red walls, people lounging in tight pants, and old school video games. I liked it. It happened to be a dance party that night, but Emily and I agreed that it would be a cool place to just hang out sometime.

On Saturday Nick and I headed to the mall where we scored some deals. I got a white coat for $19.95 that was originally $100 at Aeropostale and Nick got a cool slate gray heavy cotton shirt from the Converse by John Varvatos for $20 that used to be $225 at Urban Outfitters...insane!

We had to rush home from the mall for a birthday dinner for Emily. Around 20 people showed up and shouted "Surprise!" as she walked in blindfolded with Lisanne. She felt nauseated, poor thing. Afterward we went dancing in Chapel Hill at "The Library" that had a pretty good DJ. And yes, Nick danced! My friends dragged him onto the dance floor.

Now I just need to get through my first full week of class. I've got a pretty heavy schedule on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but at least I made it through my first one!
...
One week from today: 6 years.

No comments: