Saturday, January 3, 2009

Last day in California

I'm procrastinating on packing to go back to North Carolina. Lucky Nick gets two more days. I had dim sum today and it was good. I stocked up on groceries at the Chinese supermarket. Now I have to figure out how to stuff my suitcase so that it doesn't weigh over 50 pounds...I bought a lot of stuff. Let's see how many unique to (or cheaper in) California things I did this break:

1. See/play with my nieces
2. Dim sum with carts
3. Seven courses of beef
4. Hainan chicken
5. Fosselman's ice cream
6. Korean BBQ
7. Passionfruit tea with lychee jelly
8. See the Jellies
9. Izakaya food
10. See my cousins
11. Had homemade banh canh
12. Ikea
13. In-n-Out
14. H&M
15. Forever 21 flagship in Pasadena
16. Bought bento supplies
17. Zara (Old Town Pasadena)
18. Papersource
19. See my grandma and aunts and uncles
20. Watch tv on my dad's HDTV

Not bad. I'm sure there are a million other things I could have done, like see the new library or go to the Getty, but it's a pretty substantial list. Now I think I'm looking forward to being back in Durham, except for the school part. And the freezing.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

freezing?? I'm worried about being hot....