Saturday, February 28, 2009

Okay, new plan. I hope to write the Zaytinya post during spring break, because there is no way in hell I'll be able to write it in this next week. I guess when you're on the semester system, the week right before spring break is when the professors pile on the work. I don't know what I like better: finals hell before spring break or a bunch of random crazy assignments before spring break.

I made it through the hell of last week and slept a lot. The rest of the week was really a blur. Yesterday I traveled to the coast of NC for a class project. It was nice to get out of Durham for a while. At the Dock Street Oyster Bar I had a crab sandwich that was basically hot crab dip with bacon and lettuce on top. It was awesome, but took wayyy too long to come out, especially when compared to the 10 minutes I took to inhale it.

During the 2.5 hour ride home I developed a craving for southern food. Upon arriving home I googled "Durham southern food" and basically found out that no one considers any good southern food to reside in Durham. This was really depressing, considering Nick and I had excellent southern food during our road trip out here.

So, Nick and I ended up at Cracker Barrel in Durham. On a Friday night. It was packed, but we were the only people our age in there. I mean, obviously the only two asian people...but no representation of the 20somethings. I had country fried steak with turnip greens, corn, and mashed potatoes. Nick had the meatloaf with turnip greens, fried okra, and hash brown casserole. It was awesome. I love satisfying cravings.

No comments: