Saturday, March 21, 2009

Mama Dip's

Yesterday Nick and I attended the kickoff party for Nickipedia. At 5:30, we got there too late for food. We only got small bites of what was left, but while there we kept hearing about a good Southern food place in Chapel Hill called Mama Dip's. The more I heard about it, the more I wanted to eat there. I'm all about immediate gratification, so I suggested to Nick and Emily during the FOREM keg that we stop by for a later dinner. By 7:30pm we were on our way to Chapel Hill.

Looking at the menu, we could tell the place was going to be awesome. They have lots of good food and even more decadent desserts. At first, we were ambitious and planned on ordering TONS of food, including three desserts.

We ended up ordering hush puppies and sweet potato biscuits to start. These sounded really good but never actually came out, so I can't tell you how they are. I think our waiter completely forgot about that part of our order.

I got country fried chicken (dark meat, please) with mac and cheese, turnip greens, and cornbread. Emily ordered the chicken and dumplings with mac and cheese, coleslaw, and cornbread. Nick got the smothered pork chops, fried okra, mashed potatoes, and biscuits. Everything was good but the turnip greens could have been better.

Country Fried Chicken
Chicken and Dumplings
Smothered Pork Chops

We were too full to get dessert (pecan pie, bread pudding, and cobbler) but I will be back. And I will be stuffing my face with food.

1 comment:

Barb Adams said...

Next time try the fried green tomatoes!