Monday, October 13, 2008

Odds and ends

Procrastinating a bit by posting again...this might be a bad trend. I sent my mom off with an airplane bento so that she wouldn't have to spend $5 on a bad sandwich or box of processed snacks. In it I put: a mini bagel with cream cheese, cheddar slices with crackers, a lychee jelly, three strawberry gummies, mini oatmeal cookies, and cucumber and carrot sticks. Not pictured are a container full of puffs, goldfish crackers, and pretzels and a Daisy Cakes madeleine.


We found some interesting purple bell peppers at the farmer's market a while ago. Has anyone seen these before?


I just need to get through this week and then we're going to the North Carolina state fair! I'm looking forward to expensive carnival rides and a plethora of fried foods. Deep fried avocado, anyone?

2 comments:

Sean Baird said...

Hey Sharon, just wanted to post to show you I found the blog ok. I hope everything is going ok over there!

Sylvia said...

Will you make me one of those nice bento boxes when I come visit?